multiplier n : the number by which a multiplicand is multiplied [syn: multiplier factor]
- A number by which another (the multiplicand) is to be multiplied.
- A ratio used to estimate total economic effect for a variety of economic activities.
- French: multiplicateur
The term multiplier may refer to:
In electrical engineering:
- Force multiplier, a factor that dramatically increases the combat-effectiveness of a given military force.
- A multiplier fishing reel creates less friction when casting.
In clock signal:
- A CPU multiplier allows a CPU to perform more cycles per single cycle of the front side bus.
multiplier in Polish: Mnożnik